Connors, McEnroe Sign Up For Stockholm
by David Law|
John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors have both signed up to play in the Kings Of Tennis ATP Champions Tour event in Stockholm, March 2013.
It will be Connors’ first appearance at the event. He and McEnroe played each other 34 times, with McEnroe leading 20-14. They will join fellow Wimbledon champion Stefan Edberg at the event, which runs 12-15 March, 2013.
“These are some of the absolute biggest and most entertaining players of all time,” said Tournament Director, Thomas Enqvist. “It feels great to follow up a successful first year and to give our audience a possibility to see these players.”
In 2012, the event was won by McEnroe. He beat Magnus Larsson in the final, with Goran Ivanisevic overcoming Thomas Muster in the 3rd/4th place play-off.
Before then, Enqvist and McEnroe will be on court at the Statoil Masters Tennis in London, 5-9 December.
McEnroe (7) and Connors (8) won 15 Grand Slam singles titles between them.
For more information about the Kings of Tennis tournament in Stockholm, click here: www.atpchampionstour.com/events/stockholm.aspx
- ATP Stars Perform At Player Revue In Monte-Carlo
- Enqvist Overhauls Edberg To Be Crowned King Of Stockholm
- Clinical Edberg Sets Up Enqvist Final
- Spectacular Leconte Edges Wilander; Birthday Boy Enqvist Downs Moya
- Inspired Edberg Begins Stockholm Title Defence In Style
- After Inspiring Federer, Edberg Targets Title Defence